Tanjung Kelian Old Lighthouse
Mercusuar Tanjung Kelian or the old lighthouse Tanjung Kelian was built in 1826, dating back to Dutch colonial era. It is located about 9 km of Muntok district, arround 10 minutes from Muntok port.
The red white-lighthouse guides ships entering the Bangka Strait between Sumatera island and the smaller island, Bangka. Not only that, this lighthouse is an eyewitness of Muntok history.
So while visiting Tanjung Kelian beach, take time to climb up 199 steps to reach the top of the lighthouse and enjoy the spectacular view from the height of approximately 60 M above sea level. Visitors can see the whole beaches in Muntok, fishing vessels that are leaning calm, fisherman, and beautifull rows of palm trees.
In the top, in the middle of three meters-room, stand a beacon. This light can highlight the waters up to 40 miles so far to guide ships in the busy Bangka Strait. Its need 20 liters fuel to operate this light for 12 hours.
Peta & Citra Satelit
SS Vyner Brooke
The Memorial incorporates stone from the: 'Women's Camp' which the Australian Army nurses occupied for a time as prisoners of war. A bronze plaque records the names of all 65 nurses who were aboard the s.s.Vyner Brooke. In 2000 and 2002, survivor and their relative came and visited this place.
There was a sad story, also. In March 2006 the lighthouse was vandalized, the thieves taking some of the ironwork. Not only that. The white painted-wall in the top filled with graffiti.
In Islamic holy month, Tanjung Kelian beach become a giant camping ground. In the eve of the first day of Ramadhan, people flock and set up their tents along the beach and arround the lighthouse.
|Pemerintah Kabupaten Bangka Barat||4,320|
|Pemerintah Provinsi Sumatera Selatan||107,784|
|Pendopo Griya Agung||108,384|
|Menara Mandiri, Kota Palembang||108,527|
|Pemerintah Kota Palembang||109,031|
|PT Timah Tbk||109,135|
|Ramayana - Pangkalpinang||109,574|
|Pemkot Pangkal Pinang||109,579|
|Bandara Depati Amir||112,303|
|Semen Baturaja - Palembang||112,818|
|Khalifah Hotel, Kota Palembang||107,859|
|Batiqa Hotel Palembang, Kota Palembang||108,873|
- Ketua DPRD Babel: Apa Untungnya Hadiri RUPS PT Timah?
- Bangka Tengah Promosikan Pulau Ketawai
- Presiden Optimistis Timah Indonesia Kembali Berjaya
- Presiden Nilai Belitung Lebih Tepat Kembangkan Pariwisata
- Jokowi Sholat Tarawih di Masjid Pangkalpinang
- Presiden Jokowi Resmikan Pengoperasian Pelabuhan Tanjung Batu
- Jadi Calon Bupati Lagi, Adik Ahok Tinggalkan Golkar
- Bupati Basuri Siapkan Waktu Khusus Bertemu Masyarakat
- UU Pilkada Sah, Adik Ahok Ogah Jadi Bupati Lagi
- Weather Station Dibangun di Belakang Kantor Bupati Belitung Timur